Go from scattered to productive
You’ll see good search results when you:
- focus on a limited area or neighborhood
- put in some time kicking the tires, visiting homes
- have a realistic grasp on your lifestyle and financial goals
If you need help pinpointing your target area and objectives, we’ll walk you through the obvious as well as the hidden variables that will shape your search.
Not quite ready?
Even if you’re a way off from a buying decision, now’s a good time to prepare in case a great opportunity comes up.
You can act with conviction and present a competitive offer when you:
- Prepare to move quickly – ask us about the extra step to get your loan fully underwritten and move your offer to the top of the pile
- Arm yourself with knowledge of actual sale prices – don’t be fooled by the asking price, we’ll show you how market forces always prevail
- Understand a home’s disclosed deficiencies – we’ll translate the inspection reports into future costs and impacts for you
Important contacts and resources
An agent’s experience and reputation matters. At Proof, your agent has earned leverage in the industry and can help streamline your purchase through a deep roster of trusted contacts:
- Landlord-tenant attorneys
- Architects specializing in Victorian renovations
- Vendors who build ADUs
- City and county officials
The buyer’s jumpstart
Two simple steps will give you a pronounced advantage over other buyers.
- Schedule a time to walk through a couple of homes with us. You’ll learn to see properties through a contractor’ eyes.
- Request a report on your target neighborhood. Learn the actual price per square foot of recent homes in your range and find out what you should expect to pay.